Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"After Four Long Years, This Bipartisan Plan To Create Jobs And Lower Fuel Prices Should Wait No Longer"

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Robert Hurt (R-Virginia) today delivered the following speech supporting the Northern Route Approval Act, a bill that will lower fuel prices, reduce our dependence on foreign oil, and create American jobs:

[You May View Robert's Remarks By Clicking Above Or HERE]

 

Floor Speech Text

 

"Thank you, Mr. Chairman – and thank you for your leadership on this important issue. Mr. Chairman, I rise today in support of the Northern Route Approval Act – another House initiative to pave the way for construction of the Keystone Pipeline. I support this measure because approval of the pipeline will lead to lower fuel prices and it will create jobs.

 

"As I have traveled my district, my rural Virginia 5th District, I have spoken with our small business owners, our small farmers, our volunteers, our students, our parents – and there can be no question, but that  the energy policies coming out of Washington under this president are hurting our local communities.

 

"That is why the immediate approval of the Keystone Pipeline is so important. Because it will reduce our dependence on foreign dictators, it will give us affordable energy, and it will create the jobs that we desperately need.

 

"After four long years, this bipartisan plan to create jobs and lower fuel prices should wait no longer. It is high time for the President to heed the wishes of the American people, stop the excuses, and approve the Keystone Pipeline.

 

"I thank the gentleman and I yield back my time."