Thursday, August 5, 2010
Quote of the Day
"Robert Hurt has pledged to fight for and preserve certain social and fiscal conservative principles that I hold dear.
These principles are:
1. Protecting Taxpayers - Robert has signed the Tax Payers Protection Pledge, which is a pledge to the voters of the fifth district, that once elected Robert will veto or vote against any attempt to increase taxes.
2. Balancing the Budget - Robert has promised to Co Sponsor H.JRes.1, The Balanced Budget Amendment, which proposes a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
3. Protecting the Unborn - Robert has promised to Co Sponsor H.R.2533, the Sanctity of Life Act, which provides that human life shall be deemed to exist from conception, and for other purposes. Robert has also promised to oppose funding for organizations such as Planned Parenthood and those that conduct embryonic stem cell research. Robert has also promised to Co Sponsor H.R.881, the Right to Life Act, which will implement equal protection under the 14th Amendment to the Constitution for the right to life of each born and pre-born human person.
4. Auditing The Federal Reserve - Robert has promised to Co Sponsor H.R.1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, which is a bill to audit the Federal Reserve and amend title 31, United States Code, to reform the manner in which the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System is audited by the Comptroller General of the United States and the manner in which such audits are reported, and for other purposes.
5. Support of Marriage - Robert has promised to Co Sponsor H.J.Res.37, the Federal Marriage Amendment, which proposes an amendment to the Constitution of the Unites States relating to marriage. Robert has also promised to oppose any legislation which gives taxpayer funded benefits to domestic partnerships.
6. Protect the 2nd Amendment- Robert has promised to uphold the 2nd Amendment and oppose any legislation that imposes restrictions on the right to bear arms by law abiding citizens. Robert has also promised to work to eliminate existing restrictions that infringe upon this right.
7. De-funding ACORN - Robert has promised to vote against any legislation which provides funding to ACORN or its successor groups.
8. De-funding Extra-Constitutional Agencies- Robert has promised to work to cut or eliminate funding to government agencies which have no constitutional basis for existence.
9. Fight Earmarks - Robert has promised to vote against any bill with earmarks in it and will not request earmarks.
10. Securing Our Nations Border - Robert has promised to make every effort to seal our borders against any non-citizen whether it is terrorist, illegal immigrant, student or visitor overstaying their visa, or other method of illegal entry. Robert has also promised that he will oppose amnesty for those here illegally. Robert believes as I do that nothing could be more unfair than to reward lawbreakers and punish those who played by the rules.
11. Stopping the Fairness Doctrine - Robert has promised to oppose any effort to re-impose the Fairness Doctrine or any other similar means of stifling speech.
12. Supporting the 10th Amendment- Robert has promised to make every effort to use the Tenth Amendment as originally intended to limit the size and scope of the federal government.
It is for these reasons that I am convinced that Robert Hurt is best positioned to remove Tom Perriello. Tom Perriello must be removed. He has demonstrated time and time again that he will not represent the will of the fifth district. Robert Hurt has demonstrated, in words, his willingness to return to true fiscal constitutional Conservatism and promoting the free market. We the conservatives of the fifth district stand united in this purpose. We will be closely watching Robert Hurt and his colleagues in the House of Representatives to see to it that our principles are returned to our founder's vision. And, in two years if we are not back on track, we will seek out other representation until Washington is again in the hands of the people. Therefore I announce today that I am supporting Robert Hurt for Congress in Virginia's fifth district.
Tom Perriello must be defeated, and our best hope to have a representative who will represent the many, serve our interests, and protect our conservative way of life is to support the candidate who has promised to go to Washington and represent the true conservative values of the fifth district. I am committed to this endeavor, and I look forward to defeating Tom Perriello, and sending a strong and clear message that we are taking our country back from those in power who seek to harm the greatest republic the world has ever known.
If we are to wrest control of Congress from the Democrats and put a halt to wasteful government spending and job-killing tax and regulation policies of the liberals who are in power, and preserve the fifth district as a conservative district in the heart of Virginia through the 2010 redistricting process, then we must defeat Tom Perriello and other elitist liberals like him across the nation in November and replace them with constitutional conservatives.
The future of our great nation depends on it."