Tuesday, March 17, 2020
By Gary Bauer
It would be nice if in a time of crisis we could all come together for the good of the country. Sadly, that's not happening.
Many on the left are exploiting this crisis, pushing their own ideological agenda. They are lying to you and contributing to the fear and panic that has gripped the country.
Here are some examples of what I am referring to:
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi tried to hijack an emergency spending bill to subsidize abortions. Only the left can see a piece of time-sensitive and life-saving legislation as an opportunity to kill more unborn babies. Thankfully, the provision was dropped.
- During a conference call with governors, the president encouraged them to try getting respirators and ventilators themselves because it could be quicker while adding that the federal government would support them however it can. But the New York Times only reported the first part of Trump's remarks, and that's the part that went viral. (Pun intended.) Dozens of news outlets ran misleading headlines suggesting that Trump had essentially abandoned the states.
- Some so-called "progressives" are hoping conservatives get sick and die.
- Some leftists like anti-Second Amendment activist David Hogg and Rep. Rashida Tlaib mocked Christians for praying during this crisis.
- They falsely accused the president of dismantling the White House office of pandemic preparedness.
- They lied and claimed he gutted the budgets of vital health agencies.
- They falsely accused the president of calling the virus a hoax.
I could go on, but you get the point.