Friday, October 4, 2013

Don’t Delay It, Defeat It


Congressman Randy Forbes

Obamacare is the worst piece of legislation ever put into law by the United States Congress, period. It will raise costs, limit care, and destroy businesses from Main Street to Wall Street. The current Republican proposals, which aim to delay the Affordable Care Act, will do that and only that.  My plan defeats it.

My strategic solution offers a way forward to both reopen the government and defeat Obamacare. The IRS is the "teeth" of the President's healthcare law – by defunding it, we effectively defund the lifeblood of this legislation that is hurting so many businesses and families.
                  
My plan would hold the IRS hostage instead of our seniors, servicemembers, veterans, and hardworking Americans; I believe this strategy will create real leverage for those of us who believe we need effective governments as well as an end to Obamacare.

PS. My plan has already received praise from leading conservative voices; here's what they are saying:

"I think that's a more reasonable plan and would have put more pressure on the Senators. I've known you long enough to know you didn't go [to Congress] just to make noise, you went there to govern, to create a government that's more effective and more efficient – I've always said that those are the two criteria by which we judge whether or not we've been successful." – Governor Mike Huckabee on The Mike Huckabee Radio Show, 10/1/13

"Congressman, you hardly need my reaction, but I would say this of your proposal: It is nice to hear fresh and original thinking about an important issue like this and I would hope that the leadership - that is Speaker Boehner and the leaders of the GOP in the House - would listen to you very carefully… It is an idea worth trying. Anything sounds better than continuing the collision without effect." – Lou Dobbs on Lou Dobbs Tonight, 9/27/13

Read my plan here.