Alexandria Tea Party Essay Contest for Young People:
What My Freedom Means to Me
1. Contestants must be U.S. citizens or lawful U.S. residents under the age of 30 on July 4, 2011 who reside in Virginia, the District of Columbia, or Maryland.
2. There is no entry fee.
3. Submit one entry of 250 words or less in English on "What My Freedom Means to Me" no later than June 24, 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Please provide the following attestation in your email - I hereby certify that I am a U.S. citizen or lawful resident, that I reside in --- [fill in D.C., Maryland, or Virginia], that I will be --- [fill-in] years of age on July 4, 2011, and that I am the sole author of this submission.
Enter your full name as your electronic signature
SIGNED: (your name here)
5. Entries will be judged primarily on the strength of the content. (However, poor grammar, punctuation, or spelling will not help your chances.) Any quotations or copyrighted material used in the essay must be properly identified in the text (no footnotes).
6. Entries not meeting these submission guidelines will be automatically disqualified.
7. Results are in the sole discretion of the Alexandria Tea Party.
Grand Prize - $100
Other Age-Group First Prize - $75
Age-Group Second Prize - $50
Age-Group Third Prize - $25
* age groups - 14 and below, 15-21, 22-29
* all winners will also receive an inspirational liberty-themed DVD
Winners will be announced and their entries read at the Alexandria Tea Party 4th of July event. Winners not present will be notified by email. Winning entries may be posted to ATP's website and used for other Alexandria Tea Party purposes, identified by first name, age, and jurisdiction only (DC/MD/VA). ATP may seek permission from the contestant if other attribution is desired.
CONTEST DEADLINE: June 24, 2011
All content is property of the Alexandria Tea Party and may not be used without permission