Friday, August 5, 2011

Congressman Randy Forbes: Our Federal Sinkhole


The federal government is spending more per household than ever before. Since 1965, spending per household has grown by nearly 162%, from $11,431 in 1965 to $29,401 in 2010. From 2010 to 2021, it is projected to rise to $35,773, a 22% increase. This chart breaks it down:

While a debt ceiling framework passed the House this week (read about my vote against the framework here), we have a lot of work to do to help America dig out of our fiscal sinkhole, including pursuing entitlement reform and passing a Balanced Budget Amendment.

As we continue through the rest of the year, I want to make sure you stay up to date on my work to address federal spending.Subscribe to my blog or follow me on Facebook and Twitter.

Yours in Service,

Randy Forbes
Member of Congress