Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Congressman Robert Hurt Sworn In To 114th Congress


Tuesday, January 6, 2015

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Robert Hurt (R-Virginia) today released the following statement after being sworn in to serve as the representative for Virginia's Fifth Congressional District in the 114th Congress:

"This afternoon, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and to well and faithfully discharge my duties as a Member of the U.S. House of Representatives.  This is an oath I take with sincere commitment, and I am honored by the privilege of serving the people of Virginia's Fifth District in the United States Congress.  Though we have great challenges ahead, I look forward to a new year and the new Congress, and I pledge to work every day to preserve our great nation and to ensure that we leave our children and grandchildren the brightest American future."