"So they fired some missiles in such a way that they did not kill anyone. Intentionally. Because they were deathly afraid of many, many more murkings raining down from the sky should they kill American troops.
"That's what I think.
Iran immediately said it was a technical failure that caused the crash. Then they announced that they were not going to turn over the black box with flight data. Then some aviation experts came out and said the plane crash was likely a "shootdown event." They provide pictures.
Watch the video; the plane is on fire as it falls out of the sky.
I would not be surprised if Iran, on pins and needles waiting for a response from the U.S. military, shot down this airliner by mistake. I don't know this, of course, but I think it is likely.
If THAT all weren't enough for you, two earthquakes hit Iran's nuclear site mere hours after the plane crash. Seriously.
So here's what happened in Iran in 24 hours:
- A stampede during the funeral procession for Gen. Soleimani killed at least 56 and injured hundreds.
- Gen. Soleimani was buried.
- Iran launched missile attacks against U.S. air bases in Iraq as revenge for Soleimani's killing.
- A Boeing 737 passenger jet crashed minutes after takeoff from Tehran, killing all 176 passengers and crew members on board.
- Two major earthquakes rattled Iran's only nuclear site.