Monday, February 1, 2010

Obama: Just Bowing and Scraping here and yon


Erick Erickson, RedState.com, has some disturbing news about the current occupant of the White House.

More Groveling By Obama


For the life of me I really don't understand what in Heaven's name is going on here. When I first encountered it at Ace of Spades I thought they were pulling my chain. But the AP cut line makes clear what is going on:

"U.S. President Barack Obama bows to Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio at MacDill Air Force Base on Thursday, Jan. 28, 2010 in Tampa, Fla."

The mayor of Tampa isn't a Third World potentate, totalitarian dictator, or terrorist leader so I can't understand why Obama would be in full-bow mode. Is bowing now the standard way the President greets people these days? Is he misoriented, for some reason, and thinks Tampa is a terrorist stronghold or an enemy of the United States? Does the US owe Tampa a boatload of money and the bow just good business practice?

Please click here for the rest of the post.