Friday, April 19, 2013

President Reagan's Future


Rob Bell
Delegate, 58th District

On Ronald Reagan's 102nd birthday a few months ago, I wrote about having the privilege of seeing the President and asking him a question at his visit to the University of Virginia.

At the time, I only had a transcript of the exchange, but our amazing campaign intern Peter researched and found the footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W386pFQvG00


While my voice makes me sound 13 years old, I was in fact a recent college graduate! (I recall having a different question, but when it became clear that mine would be last, I changed it to give President Reagan a chance to talk about his future.)

What strikes me the most about the clip were the three issues President Reagan wanted to fight for after his presidency: line item veto, a balanced budget amendment and America's national security. These are – obviously – still critically important issues for our national and state leaders.