Thursday, December 8, 2022

The Republican Primary for the 12th Senatorial District was determined last night to be a state-run primary to be held on Tuesday, June 20, 2023

December 8, 2022

Senator Chase supports the Legislative District Committee's decision to have a state-run primary to be held on Tuesday, June 20, 2023

CHESTERFIELD, VA - Virginia Senator Amanda Chase has expressed that she supports the decision made last night by the Legislative District Committee as she seeks re-election to the Virginia State Senate in Senate District 12, representing most of Chesterfield and all of Colonial Heights.

"I'm pleased that the Legislative District Committee has chosen a nomination process that is both easy and convenient for voters. All registered voters are able to participate in the process and most importantly they are familiar with the process because they do it every year. There are no additional hurdles, paperwork or meetings to attend. They simply must be a registered voter to participate. This process is inclusive and allows all registered voters to vote at their regular polling location on Tuesday, June 20, 2023 as they do in general elections every year."

"It's important that voting is both convenient and the process familiar to busy voters who want to participate in choosing their nominee for state senate. I look forward to making my case before the voters as to why they should re-elect me to the Virginia State Senate representing Senate District 12, continuing to represent Chesterfield and Colonial Heights."

"It's been on honor to serve and represent Chesterfield, Colonial Heights and Amelia Counties for almost 8 years. I've worked tirelessly for the people of our district and they know they can trust me to stand strong and not waiver on our conservative values. The American Conservative Union consistently rates me as Virginia's #1 most conservative senator."

"Voting records matter. And after 8 years of voting on thousand of bills, you know I'm a conservative. It's proof that I'm the only true conservative running in this race that you can trust. Also as important, I'm the only candidate that knows how to win as a conservative. That's important. I've been elected in a general election not just once but twice to the Virginia Senate representing Chesterfield and Colonial Heights. Additionally, I've received lifetime perfect scores from conservative organizations like the Family Foundation, the Virginia Citizens Defense League and the NRA. I've also proven I'm electable, having won every primary and general election and re-election campaign to the Virginia Senate over the past 8 years. I know how to win for the people and I know how to win as a conservative. I've done it, even during the blue wave."

"Not only am I a fighter for the people and their interests, but I also know how to get things done. I'm able to successfully challenge the status quo in Richmond on true election integrity, medical freedom, pushing back against all mask and Covid vaccine mandates and school choice, at the same time getting things done like the historic coal ash clean up, regulatory red tape reform, the Healthcare Transparency Act, exempting Military Retirement Benefits up to $40k from state income tax, Hoax Crime legislation, repealing mask mandates in public schools, and requiring public schools to report to parents sexually explicit materials."

"I know how to get things done and I look forward to making my case to the people as to why they should re-elect me to the Virginia Senate."

Senator Amanda Chase grew up in Bon Air, Virginia and has lived in the 12th Senatorial District since 1979, 44 years. She attended Bon Air Elementary School, Robious Middle School and graduated from Monacan High School. She graduated from Virginia Tech with a degree in business and after graduating married her high school sweetheart . They just celebrated 30 years of marriage. Immediately after college, Senator Chase worked in management in the banking, credit card and finance industry before coming home to homeschool her 4 now grown adult children. She began working for a number of local, state and federal elected officials and eventually started a consulting business, which she retired from when she was elected to the Virginia Senate in 2016. Senator Chase also hosted a radio show for 3 1/2 years beginning in 2016 called, "Cut to the Chase with Senator Chase." Amanda and her husband faithfully attend Cloverhill Church in Chesterfield County.