The April 17 Federal income tax deadline [has passed and it] is a perfect opportunity to remind your neighbors that this is the last time they will have to deal with America's old, broken tax code thanks to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act passed by Republicans in Congress and signed by President Donald Trump in December. Five big changes stand out:
- Lower tax rates for Americans across the board - hard-working Americans will keep more of what they earn.
- A nearly doubled standard deduction.
- A doubled child tax credit to help families, along with better saving options for education.
- A simpler process to make filing taxes less of a headache.
- Relief from the Affordable Care Act's ineffective mandate.