Thursday, March 16, 2023

Congressman Bob Good: We’re putting parents back in charge!

We made history earlier this year in the 118th Congress with the Speaker battle and the new rules for how Congress will operate, and this has given us the opportunity to make transformational change for the country. I pledge to continue to keep my promises and to fight for you.


I've continued to take a strong stand for parental rights in education, and my five amendments to strengthen the Parent's Bill of Rights recently passed the Committee on Education & Workforce.


Every parent should be able to access and make copies of what is being taught in their child's school without having to pay unreasonable or exorbitant costs. The Freedom of Information Act makes things accessible, but the cost of the information searches have often been inflated in an effort to punish or suppress parental access. With my amendments, schools can't charge parents excessive fees for viewing curriculum, or prohibit them from making copies.


Every parent should be able to make health decisions for their children. With my amendments, schools can't act on behalf of parents for vaccine approval, and parents must be notified if their child expresses gender dysphoria. No more keeping parents in the dark about the mental or physical health of their children.


So many stories have been shared across the nation from parents who have been targeted for asking questions and pushing back against school policies they consider divisive, harmful, or anti-American. I'm working to put parents first, and my amendments will keep the Biden Administration from targeting parents who speak out and stand up for their children.


I didn't run for Congress to make friends in Washington. I ran to fight for the people of the 5th District of Virginia.


We're almost to the end of the first quarter, and I need your help reaching my fundraising goal to ensure I have the resources to continue to represent, serve, and fight for you. There are many well-funded anti-family, anti-American, special interests who don't like what I am doing for you. It is only with your help that I can continue in the battle.