Sunday, December 31, 2023

Eddie Garcia: Garcia for Virginia Committee

It was exciting to open USA Today to see this headline and to confirm that we are a different Republican campaign, securing national coverage, getting traction across the Commonwealth.
A few weeks ago, a USA Today reporter heard about the growing interest in my campaign for the U.S. Senate and our success reaching out to working class folks that are "non-traditional" Republican voters. She joined me on a typical Saturday at a flea market in North Chesterfield. I have to say this is one of my favorite quotes:
"Kelvin Simmons, an undecided and first-time voter in line to visit Santa Claus with his children, said he hasn't seen any other Senate candidates visit North Chesterfield, or the flea market, which has become a community gathering space as well as a place for small businesses to launch. It's because of this approach, Simmons said, that he believes Garcia has a shot at unseating Kaine. "I think he wants help for all of us people out here, so I feel he might be good for it," Simmons said. "He's here for the people."
You can read the complete article HERE