Friday, April 26, 2024

Derrick Anderson [Green Beret Veteran]: Washington has forgotten what it means to serve the people who elected them in the first place. Once these career politicians make empty promises and get elected, they instantly forget their purpose: service.

Washington has forgotten what it means to serve the people who elected them in the first place. Once these career politicians make empty promises and get elected, they instantly forget their purpose: service.

I first learned the meaning of service when I was very young, working with my mom at our local family diner. Do I wish I was outside spending time with friends? Of course! But I had to make a sacrifice to help my mom out, and looking back, it helped me become the man I am today.

Flash forward: After I graduated from Virginia Tech (Go Hokies!), I decided to follow in my grandfather's footsteps and was immediately commissioned into the US Army as an Infantry Officer. I completed Ranger School and was assigned to the 3rd Infantry Division as a Platoon Leader, where I was deployed for 15 months in "the Surge" in Iraq.

Following this service, I completed the Special Forces Qualifications Course and became an A-Team leader in the Green Berets (Special Forces of the Army) and served 5 deployments to Afghanistan, Bahrain, Jordan, Israel, and Lebanon.
Anderson in  fatigues
We were thrown into a hornet's nest in the Middle East. There were times it was tough surrounded by America's enemies, but I knew I had a duty of service. America's freedom was on the line.

This brings me to my first point. Career politicians in Washington forgot the duty of service to their country. Liberal politicians would rather blindly follow Joe Biden's leadership than do what's right for the American people.

I'm ready to change this and shake up Washington.

I served our great country once in the Army Special Forces, and I'm ready to do it again in Congress, but I can only do it with your help. The Democrat Establishment is afraid of a political outsider like me with no loyalties to anyone except the American people.