Friday, February 16, 2024

CAPT Hung Cao: The moment that changed my life forever

"Nothing is going to happen to you tonight, not under our watch."

These were the words the U.S. Marines told me when my family and I were sheltering in the U.S. embassy after American diplomats were taken hostage in Iran. 

I was a little kid who had just moved to a foreign country for my father's new job, and I was absolutely terrified

But in that moment, for the first time in a long time, I felt safe.

That was the exact moment I knew that when I grew up, I wanted to serve in the military.

Years later, I went on to attend the Naval Academy and serve for 25 years in Special Operations retiring as a U.S. Navy Captain. 



Serving our country has been the absolute honor of my life, and I couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity to build a better country for my children and their peers.

But right now, all of the hard work my fellow servicemembers and I put in is in jeopardy.

Joe Biden is stripping the same freedoms we fought for. Conservatives are being thrown in prison. The radical Left is telling us what we have to believe - and if we refuse to go along with them, the consequences are dire.

I didn't put my life on the line for our country just to watch some career politician smear our legacy. That's why I'm not standing by idly.

I'm running for U.S. Senate in Virginia because I believe that America is worth saving, and just like when I was in the Navy, I'll do whatever it takes to keep our country free.