Thursday, August 21, 2008

John McCain: A Man of His Word


"The next two weeks of this campaign will be defining. Both Senator Obama and I will announce our choices for vice presidential running mates and we will both accept our respective parties' nomination for President of the United States.

But, there are also stark contrasts between myself and Senator Obama. I intend to keep my promise of accepting federal funds for the general election. Senator Obama has chosen to break the promise he made many times before and will opt out of accepting these funds. I am a man of my word and I intend to honor the promises I have made during this campaign...

My friends, I have made many promises during this campaign - promises I intend to keep. First and foremost, I promise to put our country first, before my own self interest. I have put my country first throughout my entire life. I owe America more than she has ever owed me.

I am honored to have a career of service to my country and I would be honored to continue my service as the next President of the United States."

John McCain