Sunday, May 22, 2022

Congressman Bob Good: Keeping My Promises: A Report to the People of the 5th District

Since I first sought this office, I have made it crystal clear what my values are, the principles I stand for, and the key issues I will primarily focus on. I take these strong and unequivocal stands because I want the people of the 5th District to know who is representing them: a constitutional conservative who fights courageously and relentlessly for the Judeo-Christian principles of our Founders. 

This is the foundational path I believe we must follow to get America back on the right track. We simply cannot sit back and stay quiet as those on the Left fight for the things that will destroy the greatness of America.

As I have said for the past two years, the top issues facing our nation are the priorities of our broken education system, the invasion at our Southern Border, and the reckless spending that is causing historic inflation and bankrupting future generations. It is also abundantly clear that ending unconstitutional and unnecessary federal COVID mandates, and restoring faith in the integrity of our elections is critically important.

When you review my legislative record, you will see that the work I have done and the votes I have taken are entirely consistent with the promises I made. And, I am always willing and able to explain and defend the votes that I take. 

In fact, I am a regular guest on four talk-radio shows that are far-reaching in the district, with no questions off limits regarding my record. I have also conducted seven telephone town hall meetings, enabling thousands of Virginians to participate and hear me answer unscripted questions directly from constituents on virtually every subject you can imagine. 

Typical politicians avoid the tough questions, but I am always willing to tell you where I stand and why.

I am fighting for our values by introducing bills, voting on legislation, and working through my assigned Education & Labor and Budget Committees.  My office is among the leaders in the "Freshman Class" in the House when it comes to introducing bills. These bills are indicative of what a common sense conservative agenda should contain, even if Speaker Pelosi will never put them on the House floor for a vote. 

At the same time, I have made it a priority for my staff to responsively serve the needs of constituents in the 5th District. 

When I took office in January 0f 2021, unnecessary COVID policies had virtually shut down access to the federal government, with most agency offices closed and thousands of federal employees not working at all. I was determined from the beginning that our office would provide the best possible constituent service, and would end the practice of my predecessor and other current members of congress whose staff was in a remote office accepting meetings by appointment only. We opened multiple channels to reach Virginians and make our office available when they need help cutting through bureaucratic red tape. As a result of these efforts, we have visited with nearly 3,000 Virginians who came to us for assistance.

As you will see when you read the full report on my website here, my record of constituent service and legislative activity are consistent with the promises I made. This report serves as another measure of accountability to you – the people I serve.

I look forward to continuing this record of service to everyone in the 5th District in 2022 and beyond.

Sincerely,

Congressman Bob Good