Sunday, May 22, 2022

Good Keeps His Promises. Wins Convention Convincingly

May 21, 2022


Farmville, VA – Congressman Bob Good today overwhelmingly defeated his opponent in the 5th District Convention held at Hampden-Sydney University with 84.45% of the delegate votes.

"I want to thank the delegates from across the 5th District who came to Farmville and took on the responsibility of electing their Republican nominee for Congress. I am humbled and honored that they have once again placed their trust in me to fight for their values in Washington. They sent a message loud and clear. They want someone who will never back down from the battle for the future of this great country," said Congressman Good.

Good is running for his second term in the United States House of Representatives after winning the seat in 2020.

"When I first decided to run for this seat three years ago, I said the three biggest issues I saw were illegal immigration and border security, spending and our massive national debt, and the indoctrination of our children rather than education. Little did I know at the time that our rights would be trampled on by government in the name of the China virus. Government tried to take away our freedom of religion, our freedom of assembly, our freedom to open our businesses, and our freedom over our own health care choices," Good continued.

Since arriving in Congress, Good has introduced 31 pieces of legislation to address issues from lockdowns, to life, to the Second Amendment, to freedom in education, to a balanced budget plan. Good and his office have also helped more than 2,000 Virginians cut through bureaucratic red tape.

"From day one, I made serving my constituents a priority. We didn't just wait for people to call us. I sent my team out to every county across the 5th District each and every month, so the people would not have to drive far to see us and get help. So far, we have helped our constituents recover over $9.5 million that was owed to them from the IRS, VA, Small Business Administration, Social Security, and many more federal agencies," said Good.

While a majority of the 5th District remains the same, the new maps added Good's hometown of Lynchburg as well as new counties in the east near Richmond.
"What the delegates, both new and old, ultimately knew is that I am going to be a representative who demonstrates courage each and every day. I will do exactly what I said I would do, and I will fight for them and for their values. And, I am ready to battle the Democrats this fall and win in November," said Good.

Democrats spent more than $11 million in an ill-fated attempt to defeat Good in 2020.
"The Democrats control every lever of power in Washington. As a result of their policies, the cost of everything, from gas, to groceries, to rent is through the roof. There are shortages on shelves, including needs like baby formula. Our border is being overrun and drugs and criminals are flowing in. Our communities are getting less safe. Our freedoms are under attack," Good continued. "I believe voters are going to give Republicans a chance to control Congress and stop the Biden agenda in its tracks. We must rise to that challenge, and do what we say we are going to do."

Good continued, "My Democrat opponent, on the other hand, would be nothing more than a rubber stamp on the Biden-Pelosi agenda. In fact, his number one issue is climate change. In other words, he would be fighting every day to make gas and other energy costs skyrocket. I am confident the people of the 5th District will reject that message."