Thursday, May 30, 2024

Glenn Youngkin: Standing up for you


When Virginians hired me three years ago, they gave me a veto pen that they expected me to use to protect their liberties, their families, their livelihoods, and their communities from harmful policies.

That is exactly what I have done.

I protected the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Virginians to keep and bear arms. I protected the religious liberties of all Virginians. I protected hardworking Virginians from harmful tax increases that would have stolen from their paychecks, and from policies that would have driven businesses and jobs away from Virginia. I backed the blue, protecting our law enforcement heroes from soft-on-crime policies that would have made their critical jobs more difficult. I protected Virginia's communities from backward policies that would have made Virginians less safe.

I protected our most vulnerable Virginians with unprecedented investments and improvements in behavioral and maternal health; while pressing for protections for Virginia's waterways and bays.

I value compromise. But I will never compromise on my values as a conservative.

Commonsense conservative leadership is delivering for Virginia. After Joe Biden won Virginia by 10 points in 2020, and after far-left progressives completely controlled our Commonwealth less than three years ago, Virginians stood up and demanded change.

That's exactly what we're delivering – helping Virginians keep more of their hard-earned money, bringing businesses and jobs to Virginia, putting parents back at the head seat of the table in their children's lives, standing up for law enforcement, making sure equity does not replace excellence in education.